Reading through and following the examples in this Tutorial is a good way to begin using PIKT. After completing the Tutorial, refer back to the "Where Do You Go From Here" section often. Heed its words of advice as you develop and implement your PIKT setup for real. You might look to the Developer's Notes pages for additional insight. Refer to the Introduction pages, the Samples pages, also to the lib/configs_samples directory in the latest official software release, pikt-current.tar.gz (but view the cautionary README file in the configs_samples directory), for more inspiration and guidance.
- Getting Started (installation, starter configuration, simple test alarm, quick command reference)
- Doing Something Substantial (load averages, process counts, core files, passwd file problems, lengthy mail queues, log scans)
- Conducting a Test (full disks, development testing)
- A Little Configuration Management (motd files)
- Where Do You Go from Here (configuring and using PIKT for real)